NETWORK DEVOPS ENGINEER – Madrid/Barcelona/Bilbao/Logroño
At this moment we need to incorporate a DevOps in our Networking department.
This position allows you to work in our offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao or Logroño, depending on where you live.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Build software to help network engineers and operators teams.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain network automation, monitoring, and orchestration platforms to support a multi-vendor network infrastructure in data centres.
- Collaborate deeply with different teams of network engineers and operators, security engineers, software developers and engineers as well as server and platform engineers and Data Center Operations.
- Participate in agile practices such as daily stand-up meetings, task tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- With your team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents related to our products, having always as a goal the optimizing on-call rotations and processes. (discover new automation opportunities and build them. Write and review code, develop the documentation, debug complex problems,…)
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, combining open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or a related field is preferred, but not essential.
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience or infrastructure automation experience
- Experience working with technologies like configuration management (Ansible, Puppet), containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), monitoring (Check_MK), System Observability (Graphana), ELK stack.
- Experience managing queueing systems such as RabbitMQ, as well as building out a CI/CD pipeline, using tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools.
- Fluent in Python and Shell Scripting, with experience implementing automation and monitoring using shell scripting and other related tools
- Strong desire to learn emerging technologies and to innovate
- Awesome communications skills.
- Fluent in English
IN ADDITION, WE WILL VALUE:
- Network fundamentals and experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Experience working with IPv6 and/or dual-stack networks.
- Experience with a vendor-based network stack is helpful, but not essential: Routers and switches, Firewalls and load balancers, typical vendor OS experience