NETWORK ENGINEER - Logroño, Madrid, Bilbao, Barcelona
As a member of the Arsys Network Team, you will work for Spain's largest hoster and contribute your knowledge and experience to better protect our systems, customers and office landscape. The team is part of the global Networks department of 1&1 IONOS, Europe's largest hoster. We offer an exciting, international field full of globally scalable Internet and telecommunications technologies.
WE HAVE OFFICES IN ALCOBENDAS, BARCELONA, SEVILLA, LOGROÑO AND BILBAO, SO YOU COULD WORK IN ANY OF THEM DEPENDING ON WHERE YOUR RESIDENCE IS LOCATED.
We are looking for further support for a highly motivated team of network experts. As a network engineer, you are responsible for the planning, operation and further development of our global IONOS hosting networks and the Data Center Networks of Arsys.
You can expect modern, globally distributed, and massively scalable infrastructures. In a culture which places great value on creative ideas, agile working methods, initiative, and participation, you are faced with the following exciting tasks:
- Administration and troubleshooting of highly available and complex network infrastructures including participation in an on-call service
- Creation and implementation of modern network designs
- Evaluation and assessment of new technologies and products
- Testing and evaluation of new features as well as planning and implementation of international setups
- Support company goals through an efficient operating architecture, active lifecycle management, and lean processes in an agile NetOPS environment
- Conception, setup, and further development of solutions for network automation
You have studied computer science or have completed comparable education and have work experience in the network area. You are familiar with the common routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and overlay technologies such as VXLAN. You also have the following qualifications:
- Several years of experience with traditional network manufacturers such as Cisco and Juniper. You can also implement network functions on Linux systems.
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technologies such as network disaggregation with whitebox switches, SONiC, and Cumulus
- A preference to automate with Ansible, Puppet, and Python instead of doing the same thing manually over and over again
- Like us, you are a fan of open source, especially Linux
- The ability to communicate with an international team fluently in English and Spanish.