SYSTEM TECHNICIAN FOR OUR BACKUP TEAM – Logroño
We are expanding our backup administration team. As a backup system technician you will ensure the availability of backups and restores for internal applications and data, as well as the data of our customers using various backup solutions.
The tasks include:
- Install and operate all system needed to run backups and restores using Veritas NetBackup and Microsoft DPM on windows systems.
- Install and operate our in-house backup solution running on Debian Linux.
- Consult internal and external customers on the best solution for their backup/restore needs.
- Answer customer inquiries and requests as service desk.
- Evaluate and test new technologies and HW to enhance the service and for the life cycle management.
- Improve and evolve the backup platform and our automation.
- Monitoring of the platform.
You will help improve the backup environment with you skills, motivation and drive to automate.
We are currently looking for a person who meets the following requirements:
- Up to date and In depth knowledge in windows server technologies (2008 and up)
- In depth knowledge in at least one of these backup solutions: Veritas NetBackup, TSM (IBM spectrum protect), Microsoft DPM. Knowledge of more than one is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of storage and SAN technologies, ISCSI
- Basic knowledge of monitoring tools like Xymon, checkMK, Grafana
- Ideally you also would have good knowledge in Debian Linux, BASH scripting and are comfortable using command line shells.
- Helpful is good knowledge in configuration management and automation systems like Rundeck, Ansible, Puppet etc.
- Good level of English to work closely with our colleagues in Germany.